Monday 3 February 2014

GET READY WITH ME: BIRTHDAY DINNER


On Saturday night I went out for dinner with my friends to celebrate my eighteenth birthday, which was on the 28th January. I thought I'd do a Get Ready With Me post because I've never done one before and it seems like quite a fun little post to do. So without further ado, here is my first ever Get Ready With Me post!

Boots Botanics Cleansing Cream - Clinique Clarifying Lotion - Simple Vital Vitamin Day Cream

Before I put my makeup on to go out, I always redo my skincare routine. I start off by using the Boots Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream and put it all over my face like a mask. I let that sit on my skin for a couple of minutes before washing it all off with hot water and a flannel. After that, I use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion (for skin type two) on a cotton pad and apply the product all over my face. Finally, I use the Simple Vital Vitamin Day Cream to moisturise my skin - I like using this particular product because it is light on the skin and is non-greasy.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - Urban Decay Primer Potion - Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

For my base makeup, I stuck with my tried and tested Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. I love this product because it can be built up to medium coverage but still gives the skin a lovely healthy glow. For my under-eye concealer, I used the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer - I haven't had it for very long, but I still think that it does the job well. I chose not to powder my skin, as I wanted a dewy finish rather than matte. After that, I prepped my eyes for eyeshadow using the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

I decided to use my Naked 3 Palette for my eyeshadow and did quite a smoky eye look. I took the shades Factory and Mugshot and made a wash of colour across the lids. I then took more of the Factory shade together with a touch of Blackheart and smoked the colour almost up to the brow bone. While this may sound pretty dramatic, I should point out that I have hooded eyes, so the colour was just visible above the hood. I then took some of Nooner and blended it along my lower lashline, taking the colour quite low, as I think that the technique works well to create a dramatic look on a hooded eye shape.

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner - Clinique Quickliner - Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

To finish off the eye makeup, I used the Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner to create a very thin line along my top lash line. I didn't want to make it too dramatic, as I wanted the focus to be on the shadow on the upper half of the eye. I then used the Clinique Quickliner to add some definition to the lower lash line - as I mentioned before with the eyeshadow, I think that bold under-eye makeup works well with a hooded eye. With all of the eyeliner in place, I then added a few coats of the waterproof version of the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara. I like to wear waterproof mascara on nights out as I know that it will stay in place and won't smudge anywhere.

Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil - Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite

Onto the last of the makeup now - I finished off the look by filling in my brows with the Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil. I filled them in a little heavier than I would normally to balance out the strong eye makeup. Finally I chose the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in the colour Socialite to wear on my lips, as it is quite a muted pink colour - it's almost like a my lips but better kind of shade.

Skye Satchel from Oasis - Dress by Apricot - Shoes from Cloggs.com

Finally for my outfit - I picked out one of my favourite dresses for the occasion, which is by the brand Apricot. I managed to get it at half price just before Christmas in a sale, so I'm not sure if it will still be available to buy. I paired the dress with some opaque black tights and my studded boots from Cloggs.com, which, again, I got in the sales so they might have sold out by now. The handbag that I brought with me is still available to buy, and I absolutely love it - it is the Skye Satchel from Oasis and it costs £25.

So, there you have it - my first ever Get Ready With Me post. If you enjoyed this type of post, leave a comment below and let me know if I should do them more often. I'll probably be posting a slightly late January Favourites some time this week, so keep your eyes peeled for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment